Paying attention to your car is fundamental in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Audi A6 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Audi A6 means, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Audi A6? .
What does the key light on Audi A6 indicate?
So we begin our content page with the meaning of a key indicator light on Audi A6 dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the main action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Audi A6 , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Audi A6 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this procedure, you can locate all the needed info to conduct this action in our dedicated content page. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning announcements it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Audi A6, here is the procedure to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Audi A6 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common cause of an orange wrench light on Audi A6 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Audi A6 is on?
We are now going to move on to the second component of our content page and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems outlined in the previous part and therefore how to handle it if I see the wrench light on your Audi A6? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may possibly face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we explained earlier in this article, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Audi A6 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content page to conduct this operation.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to examine your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on as a result of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Audi A6, we made a guide to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Audi A6 , we hope this content page has helped you solve your issue.
If you wish more guides on the Audi A6, go to our Audi A6 category.