Having a problem with your car is basic, because regrettably recent automobiles are more and more complex and consequently exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your volvo v70 . This is a problem that is specially annoying because it can eventually bring your car to non starting or broken engine unit. To achieve this, first we will discover how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a volvo v70 injectors , and finally, how to solve them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a volvo v70?
So we commence our content by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to discover the failures associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a volvo v70 handles the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to discharge the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your volvo v70. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on volvo v70?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection problems and their manifestations that you may confront on your volvo v70 .
Injection pump problems volvo v70
To begin, we will discover the injection pump problems on your volvo v70, there are not many of them, they are quite often frequent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your volvo v70.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your volvo v70: If you have a significant leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the results and manifestations of a fuel pump problem on a volvo v70 , you will certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems volvo v70
Now we move on to the injector problems on volvo v70 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may encounter:
- Dirty volvo v70 injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not functioning effectively.
- Leaky volvo v70 injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector volvo v70 HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector problems on your volvo v70 it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You may experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to fix an injection problem on a volvo v70?
To conclude our content page on the injection problems on volvo v70 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these problems.
If after a precise investigation it’s your injection pump that is the cause of your problems, it will regrettably be very complicated to intervene on the issue without replacing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are various solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your volvo v70, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to replace it, do not hesitate to consult our content on the injectors that leak on volvo v70, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you need more guides on the volvo v70, go to our volvo v70 category.