Having a issue with your car is common, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more complex and therefore be subject to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your Volkswagen Caddy 3 . This is a issue that is particularly frustrating because it can ultimately bring your car to non starting or damaged engine unit. To achieve this, first we will find out how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Volkswagen Caddy 3 injectors , and finally, how to fix them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Volkswagen Caddy 3?
So we commence our article by quickly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to figure out the failures associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Volkswagen Caddy 3 controls the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Volkswagen Caddy 3. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Volkswagen Caddy 3?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection problems and their manifestations that you may confront on your Volkswagen Caddy 3 .
Injection pump problems Volkswagen Caddy 3
To start, we will find out the injection pump problems on your Volkswagen Caddy 3, there are not many of them, they are generally recurrent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will cause a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Volkswagen Caddy 3.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Volkswagen Caddy 3: If you have a significant leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the outcomes and manifestations of a fuel pump issue on a Volkswagen Caddy 3 , you will obviously experience, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Volkswagen Caddy 3
Now we move on to the injector problems on Volkswagen Caddy 3 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may encounter:
- Dirty Volkswagen Caddy 3 injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Volkswagen Caddy 3 injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Volkswagen Caddy 3 HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector problems on your Volkswagen Caddy 3 it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You may encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection issue on a Volkswagen Caddy 3?
To finish our article on the injection problems on Volkswagen Caddy 3 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these problems.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your problems, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the issue without changing the part, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Volkswagen Caddy 3, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to change it, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on the injectors that leak on Volkswagen Caddy 3, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Caddy 3, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Caddy 3 category.