Having a problem with your motor vehicle is common, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more complex and consequently exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Vauxkhall Moka . This is a problem that is specially annoying because it can eventually bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine. To get this done, first we will find out how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Vauxkhall Moka injectors , and at last, how to solve them.
What is the aim of the injection of a Vauxkhall Moka?
So we begin our content by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to figure out the failures affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Vauxkhall Moka controls the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Vauxkhall Moka. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Vauxkhall Moka?
Now in this second part, we are going to explore the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you might face on your Vauxkhall Moka .
Injection pump complications Vauxkhall Moka
To commence, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Vauxkhall Moka, there are not many of them, they are generally persistent but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine of your Vauxkhall Moka.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Vauxkhall Moka: If you have a major leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a Vauxkhall Moka , you will obviously feel, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Vauxkhall Moka
Now we move on to the injector problems on Vauxkhall Moka . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you might encounter:
- Dirty Vauxkhall Moka injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not functioning effectively.
- Leaky Vauxkhall Moka injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Vauxkhall Moka HS: This is the case when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Vauxkhall Moka it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You might encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection problem on a Vauxkhall Moka?
To conclude our article on the injection complications on Vauxkhall Moka , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your complications, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without changing the part, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Vauxkhall Moka, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not think twice to consult our content on the injectors that leak on Vauxkhall Moka, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you want more guides on the Vauxkhall Moka, go to our Vauxkhall Moka category.