Having a problem with your car is common, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more complex and therefore be subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Toyota Camry . This is a problem that is particularly bothersome because it can sooner or later bring your vehicle to non starting or damaged engine unit. To achieve this, first we will see how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Toyota Camry injectors , and finally, how to solve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Toyota Camry?
So we start our article by quickly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the info you need to understand the failure affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Toyota Camry handles the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Toyota Camry. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Toyota Camry?
Now in this second component, we are going to see the different injection problems and their manifestations that you may come across on your Toyota Camry .
Injection pump problems Toyota Camry
To commence, we will see the injection pump problems on your Toyota Camry, there are not many of them, they are quite often persistent but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will cause a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your Toyota Camry.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Toyota Camry: If you have a significant leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the results and manifestations of a fuel pump problem on a Toyota Camry , you will certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Toyota Camry
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Toyota Camry . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may encounter:
- Dirty Toyota Camry injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not functioning effectively.
- Leaky Toyota Camry injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Toyota Camry HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the signs of illness of injector problems on your Toyota Camry it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You may experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to fix an injection problem on a Toyota Camry?
To end our article content on the injection problems on Toyota Camry , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these problems.
If after a precise diagnosis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your problems, it will unfortunately be very difficult to intervene on the issue without changing the component, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Toyota Camry, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on the injectors that leak on Toyota Camry, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you want more tutorials on the Toyota Camry, go to our Toyota Camry category.