Having a issue with your motor vehicle is common, because sadly recent automobiles are more and more difficult and consequently subject to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your Toyota Avensis . This is a issue that is specially bothersome because it can eventually bring your car to non starting or damaged engine. To do this, first we will see how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Toyota Avensis injectors , and at last, how to fix them.
What is the aim of the injection of a Toyota Avensis?
So we commence our content page by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to discover the failure connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Toyota Avensis manages the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Toyota Avensis. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Toyota Avensis?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection complications and their symptoms that you might come across on your Toyota Avensis .
Injection pump complications Toyota Avensis
To start, we will see the injection pump complications on your Toyota Avensis, there are not many of them, they are quite often frequent but we will highlight them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Toyota Avensis.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Toyota Avensis: If you have a major leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the results and symptoms of a fuel pump issue on a Toyota Avensis , you will obviously experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Toyota Avensis
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Toyota Avensis . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you might encounter:
- Dirty Toyota Avensis injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Toyota Avensis injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Toyota Avensis HS: This is the case when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Toyota Avensis it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You might experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection issue on a Toyota Avensis?
To end our article on the injection complications on Toyota Avensis , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without changing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Toyota Avensis, do not be reluctant to seek advice from our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page on the injectors that leak on Toyota Avensis, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you wish more tutorials on the Toyota Avensis, go to our Toyota Avensis category.