Having a problem with your motor vehicle is common, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more complex and therefore at the mercy of more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Opel Mokka . This is a problem that is specially annoying because it can eventually bring your car to non starting or broken engine. To do this, first we will find out how injection functions, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Opel Mokka injectors , and at last, how to solve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Opel Mokka?
So we start our article by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the information you need to understand the failure connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Opel Mokka handles the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Opel Mokka. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Opel Mokka?
Now in this second component, we are going to explore the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may possibly encounter on your Opel Mokka .
Injection pump complications Opel Mokka
To begin, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Opel Mokka, there are not many of them, they are quite often chronic but we will outline them below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine of your Opel Mokka.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Opel Mokka: If you have a significant leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the results and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a Opel Mokka , you will most certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Opel Mokka
Now we move on to the injector problems on Opel Mokka . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Opel Mokka injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are totally clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Opel Mokka injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Opel Mokka HS: This is the case when your injectors are totally clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the signs of illness of injector complications on your Opel Mokka it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You may possibly experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection problem on a Opel Mokka?
To finish our article content on the injection complications on Opel Mokka , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will sadly be very complicated to intervene on the issue without replacing the component, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are various solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Opel Mokka, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Opel Mokka, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Opel Mokka, do not hesitate to consult our Opel Mokka category.