Having a issue with your motor vehicle is common, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more complex and therefore exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Nissan Frontier . This is a issue that is specially frustrating because it can sooner or later bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine unit. To do this, first we will discover how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Nissan Frontier injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a Nissan Frontier?
So we start our article by promptly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to discover the failure connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Nissan Frontier manages the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Nissan Frontier. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Nissan Frontier?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection problems and their signs of illness that you may come across on your Nissan Frontier .
Injection pump problems Nissan Frontier
To start, we will discover the injection pump problems on your Nissan Frontier, there are not many of them, they are often frequent but we will detail them down below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your Nissan Frontier.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Nissan Frontier: If you have a significant leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump issue on a Nissan Frontier , you will most certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Nissan Frontier
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Nissan Frontier . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may encounter:
- Dirty Nissan Frontier injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Nissan Frontier injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Nissan Frontier HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector problems on your Nissan Frontier it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to fix an injection issue on a Nissan Frontier?
To finish our content page on the injection problems on Nissan Frontier , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these problems.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your problems, it will unfortunately be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without replacing the part, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and in some cases the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are various solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Nissan Frontier, do not be reluctant to consult our article on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not hesitate to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Nissan Frontier, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Frontier, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Frontier category.