Having a problem with your car is basic, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more difficult and therefore subject to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Mercedes Classe A 3 . This is a problem that is particularly annoying because it can ultimately bring your vehicle to non starting or damaged engine unit. To get this done, first we will find out how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Mercedes Classe A 3 injectors , and finally, how to solve them.
What is the intent of the injection of a Mercedes Classe A 3?
So we begin our article by promptly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the info you need to discover the failure affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Mercedes Classe A 3 handles the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Mercedes Classe A 3. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Mercedes Classe A 3?
Now in this second part, we are going to explore the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may possibly confront on your Mercedes Classe A 3 .
Injection pump complications Mercedes Classe A 3
To commence, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Mercedes Classe A 3, there are not many of them, they are quite often frequent but we will highlight them below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Mercedes Classe A 3.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Mercedes Classe A 3: If you have a major leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the outcomes and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a Mercedes Classe A 3 , you will most certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Mercedes Classe A 3
Now we move on to the injector problems on Mercedes Classe A 3 . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Mercedes Classe A 3 injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are totally clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not working effectively.
- Leaky Mercedes Classe A 3 injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Mercedes Classe A 3 HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are totally clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector complications on your Mercedes Classe A 3 it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to fix an injection problem on a Mercedes Classe A 3?
To end our content page on the injection complications on Mercedes Classe A 3 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise diagnosis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your complications, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the issue without replacing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Mercedes Classe A 3, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on the injectors that leak on Mercedes Classe A 3, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Classe A 3, take a look at the Mercedes Classe A 3 category.