Having a issue with your car is basic, because unfortunately recent vehicles are more and more complex and consequently exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your Mazda CX 5 . This is a issue that is especially frustrating because it can ultimately bring your car to non starting or broken engine unit. To do this, first we will see how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Mazda CX 5 injectors , and at last, how to fix them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a Mazda CX 5?
So we commence our content page by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to understand the failure associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Mazda CX 5 controls the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to discharge the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Mazda CX 5. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Mazda CX 5?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may confront on your Mazda CX 5 .
Injection pump complications Mazda CX 5
To commence, we will see the injection pump complications on your Mazda CX 5, there are not many of them, they are quite often frequent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will cause a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Mazda CX 5.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Mazda CX 5: If you have a major leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the outcomes and signs of illness of a fuel pump issue on a Mazda CX 5 , you will undoubtedly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Mazda CX 5
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Mazda CX 5 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may encounter:
- Dirty Mazda CX 5 injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Mazda CX 5 injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Mazda CX 5 HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Mazda CX 5 it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection issue on a Mazda CX 5?
To conclude our content page on the injection complications on Mazda CX 5 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these complications.
If after a precise investigation it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the trouble without replacing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a issue with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Mazda CX 5, do not be reluctant to seek advice from our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page on the injectors that leak on Mazda CX 5, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 5, take a look at the Mazda CX 5 category.