Having a problem with your car is traditional, because sadly recent automobiles are more and more complex and consequently subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Kia Niro . This is a problem that is specially frustrating because it can eventually bring your car to non starting or broken engine. To achieve this, first we will find out how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Kia Niro injectors , and finally, how to solve them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a Kia Niro?
So we commence our content by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to figure out the failure associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Kia Niro handles the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to discharge the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Kia Niro. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Kia Niro?
Now in this second component, we are going to see the different injection complications and their symptoms that you may possibly come across on your Kia Niro .
Injection pump complications Kia Niro
To start, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Kia Niro, there are not many of them, they are often chronic but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Kia Niro.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Kia Niro: If you have a significant leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the outcomes and symptoms of a fuel pump problem on a Kia Niro , you will undoubtedly experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Kia Niro
Now we move on to the injector problems on Kia Niro . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Kia Niro injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Kia Niro injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Kia Niro HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector complications on your Kia Niro it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection problem on a Kia Niro?
To finish our article content on the injection complications on Kia Niro , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your complications, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the issue without replacing the component, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Kia Niro, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to replace it, do not think twice to consult our content on the injectors that leak on Kia Niro, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you want more tutorials on the Kia Niro, go to our Kia Niro category.