Having a problem with your motor vehicle is traditional, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more complex and therefore at the mercy of more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Hyundai Sonata . This is a problem that is especially irritating because it can eventually bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine. To get this done, first we will see how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Hyundai Sonata injectors , and at last, how to solve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Hyundai Sonata?
So we start our content by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the info you need to discover the failures affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Hyundai Sonata handles the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Hyundai Sonata. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Hyundai Sonata?
Now in this second component, we are going to see the different injection problems and their symptoms that you might come across on your Hyundai Sonata .
Injection pump problems Hyundai Sonata
To commence, we will see the injection pump problems on your Hyundai Sonata, there are not many of them, they are generally recurrent but we will detail them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Hyundai Sonata.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Hyundai Sonata: If you have a significant leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the outcomes and symptoms of a fuel pump problem on a Hyundai Sonata , you will obviously experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Hyundai Sonata
Now we move on to the injector problems on Hyundai Sonata . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you might encounter:
- Dirty Hyundai Sonata injectors: This can happen due to poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not working effectively.
- Leaky Hyundai Sonata injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Hyundai Sonata HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector problems on your Hyundai Sonata it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You might encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection problem on a Hyundai Sonata?
To conclude our article content on the injection problems on Hyundai Sonata , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these problems.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your problems, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without changing the component, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Hyundai Sonata, do not be reluctant to seek advice from our content on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to replace it, do not think twice to seek advice from our content on the injectors that leak on Hyundai Sonata, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you want more tutorials on the Hyundai Sonata, go to our Hyundai Sonata category.