Having a issue with your motor vehicle is basic, because regrettably recent vehicles are more and more difficult and consequently exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Hyundai Elantra . This is a issue that is especially frustrating because it can eventually bring your car to non starting or damaged engine. To get this done, first we will discover how injection works, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Hyundai Elantra injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Hyundai Elantra?
So we begin our article by quickly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to figure out the failure associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Hyundai Elantra handles the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Hyundai Elantra. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Hyundai Elantra?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may confront on your Hyundai Elantra .
Injection pump complications Hyundai Elantra
To start, we will discover the injection pump complications on your Hyundai Elantra, there are not many of them, they are generally frequent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine of your Hyundai Elantra.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Hyundai Elantra: If you have a major leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump issue on a Hyundai Elantra , you will certainly feel, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Hyundai Elantra
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Hyundai Elantra . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may encounter:
- Dirty Hyundai Elantra injectors: This can happen due to poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are totally clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Hyundai Elantra injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Hyundai Elantra HS: This is the case when your injectors are totally clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the symptoms of injector complications on your Hyundai Elantra it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection issue on a Hyundai Elantra?
To conclude our article content on the injection complications on Hyundai Elantra , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your complications, it will regrettably be very difficult to intervene on the problem without replacing the part, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Hyundai Elantra, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Hyundai Elantra, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Elantra, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Elantra category.