Having a problem with your motor vehicle is common, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more complex and consequently at the mercy of more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your Hyundai Accent . This is a problem that is especially annoying because it can sooner or later bring your vehicle to non starting or damaged engine. To get this done, first we will discover how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Hyundai Accent injectors , and at last, how to fix them.
What is the intent of the injection of a Hyundai Accent?
So we commence our article by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the info you need to discover the failures affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Hyundai Accent controls the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to discharge the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Hyundai Accent. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Hyundai Accent?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection problems and their manifestations that you may possibly face on your Hyundai Accent .
Injection pump problems Hyundai Accent
To start, we will discover the injection pump problems on your Hyundai Accent, there are not many of them, they are often chronic but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Hyundai Accent.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Hyundai Accent: If you have a major leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the consequences and manifestations of a fuel pump problem on a Hyundai Accent , you will obviously experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Hyundai Accent
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Hyundai Accent . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Hyundai Accent injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Hyundai Accent injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Hyundai Accent HS: This is the case when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector problems on your Hyundai Accent it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to get rid of an injection problem on a Hyundai Accent?
To finish our content on the injection problems on Hyundai Accent , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these problems.
If after a precise diagnosis it’s your injection pump that is the main cause of your problems, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without changing the part, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and in some cases the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Hyundai Accent, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on Hyundai Accent, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Accent, take a look at the Hyundai Accent category.