Having a issue with your car is basic, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more difficult and consequently subject to more and more possible breakdowns. In this article we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Honda Accord . This is a issue that is especially irritating because it can ultimately bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine. To do this, first we will find out how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Honda Accord injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the intent of the injection of a Honda Accord?
So we start our content page by promptly explaining how an injection system works so that you have all the information you need to understand the failure connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Honda Accord manages the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Honda Accord. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Honda Accord?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may come across on your Honda Accord .
Injection pump complications Honda Accord
To begin, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Honda Accord, there are not many of them, they are often chronic but we will outline them down below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Honda Accord.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Honda Accord: If you have a significant leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump issue on a Honda Accord , you will obviously feel, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Honda Accord
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Honda Accord . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may encounter:
- Dirty Honda Accord injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Honda Accord injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Honda Accord HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector complications on your Honda Accord it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection issue on a Honda Accord?
To finish our content page on the injection complications on Honda Accord , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your complications, it will sadly be very difficult to intervene on the trouble without changing the part, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a issue with an injector there are various solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Honda Accord, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content page on the injectors that leak on Honda Accord, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you have any additional questions about the Honda Accord, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Accord category.