Having a problem with your car is basic, because unfortunately recent vehicles are more and more complex and consequently exposed to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your BMW X6 . This is a problem that is specially bothersome because it can eventually bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine unit. To do this, first we will discover how injection functions, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a BMW X6 injectors , and at last, how to fix them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a BMW X6?
So we commence our article by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to figure out the failure affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a BMW X6 manages the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your BMW X6. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on BMW X6?
Now in this second component, we are going to see the different injection problems and their signs of illness that you may possibly come across on your BMW X6 .
Injection pump problems BMW X6
To start, we will discover the injection pump problems on your BMW X6, there are not many of them, they are quite often frequent but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will cause a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your BMW X6.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your BMW X6: If you have a significant leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the outcomes and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a BMW X6 , you will undoubtedly experience, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems BMW X6
Now we move on to the injector problems on BMW X6 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty BMW X6 injectors: This can happen as a result of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not working effectively.
- Leaky BMW X6 injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector BMW X6 HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector problems on your BMW X6 it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection problem on a BMW X6?
To end our article content on the injection problems on BMW X6 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these problems.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your problems, it will unfortunately be very difficult to intervene on the problem without changing the component, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your BMW X6, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not think twice to consult our article on the injectors that leak on BMW X6, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you have any further questions about the BMW X6, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X6 category.