Having a problem with your car is common, because regrettably recent automobiles are more and more complex and therefore subject to more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Audi S5 . This is a problem that is particularly bothersome because it can sooner or later bring your car to non starting or broken engine unit. To get this done, first we will discover how injection functions, then, what are the different problems that can exist on a Audi S5 injectors , and at last, how to solve them.
What is the intent of the injection of a Audi S5?
So we begin our content page by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the information you need to figure out the failures affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Audi S5 handles the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Audi S5. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Audi S5?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection complications and their manifestations that you might come across on your Audi S5 .
Injection pump complications Audi S5
To start, we will discover the injection pump complications on your Audi S5, there are not many of them, they are quite often persistent but we will outline them down below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system may be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your Audi S5.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Audi S5: If you have a major leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the results and manifestations of a fuel pump problem on a Audi S5 , you will undoubtedly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Audi S5
Now we move on to the injector problems on Audi S5 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you might encounter:
- Dirty Audi S5 injectors: This can happen due to poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Audi S5 injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Audi S5 HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the symptoms of injector complications on your Audi S5 it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You might encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to get rid of an injection problem on a Audi S5?
To conclude our article content on the injection complications on Audi S5 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise diagnosis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will regrettably be very difficult to intervene on the issue without changing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get some diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a problem with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Audi S5, do not be reluctant to consult our content page on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to replace it, do not hesitate to consult our content page on the injectors that leak on Audi S5, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi S5, go to our Audi S5 category.