Having a issue with your car is common, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more difficult and therefore subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to solve an injection problem on your Audi S4 . This is a issue that is specially annoying because it can ultimately bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine unit. To get this done, first we will discover how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Audi S4 injectors , and at last, how to solve them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Audi S4?
So we begin our content page by promptly explaining how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to understand the failures associated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Audi S4 controls the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will discharge the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Audi S4. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Audi S4?
Now in this second component, we are going to discover the different injection complications and their symptoms that you may come across on your Audi S4 .
Injection pump complications Audi S4
To begin, we will discover the injection pump complications on your Audi S4, there are not many of them, they are often recurrent but we will highlight them down below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine unit of your Audi S4.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Audi S4: If you have a major leakage problem, the result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the outcomes and symptoms of a fuel pump issue on a Audi S4 , you will undoubtedly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Audi S4
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Audi S4 . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may encounter:
- Dirty Audi S4 injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not functioning effectively.
- Leaky Audi S4 injector: It’s often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Audi S4 HS: This is the circumstance when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Audi S4 it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection issue on a Audi S4?
To end our content on the injection complications on Audi S4 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to solve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the problem without changing the component, this change often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and in some cases the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Audi S4, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not hesitate to consult our content page on the injectors that leak on Audi S4, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, in general, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Audi S4, do not hesitate to consult our Audi S4 category.