Having a problem with your car is traditional, because sadly recent vehicles are more and more difficult and consequently subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to fix an injection problem on your Audi A6 . This is a problem that is particularly irritating because it can eventually bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine. To achieve this, first we will discover how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Audi A6 injectors , and finally, how to fix them.
What is the goal of the injection of a Audi A6?
So we start our content page by quickly explaining how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to figure out the failures connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Audi A6 handles the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be far more precise and to come, under pressure, to discharge the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will release the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Audi A6. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Audi A6?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection problems and their signs of illness that you may possibly confront on your Audi A6 .
Injection pump problems Audi A6
To begin, we will discover the injection pump problems on your Audi A6, there are not many of them, they are generally recurrent but we will detail them below:
- Electronic problem of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic problem, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Audi A6.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Audi A6: If you have a significant leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the consequences and signs of illness of a fuel pump problem on a Audi A6 , you will undoubtedly experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Audi A6
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Audi A6 . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Audi A6 injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are entirely clogged. So you will possibly have one or more cylinders that are not working effectively.
- Leaky Audi A6 injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Audi A6 HS: This is the case when your injectors are entirely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the symptoms of injector problems on your Audi A6 it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You may possibly experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to solve an injection problem on a Audi A6?
To conclude our article on the injection problems on Audi A6 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to fix these problems.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your problems, it will sadly be very complicated to intervene on the trouble without replacing the part, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a problem with an injector there are different solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Audi A6, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to replace it, do not think twice to consult our content page on the injectors that leak on Audi A6, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Audi A6, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A6 category.