Recent cars represent a growing budget, whether it is because of maintenance or the unpredictable breakdowns relating to all the new technology included in cars. We often worry rapidly about the smallest symptom of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Mercedes A class has to be sorted out fairly quickly, in any other case it will get worse and affect additional components. In this article we are going to find out the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Mercedes A class that vibrates at idle. First we will try to discover why your Mercedes A class is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Mercedes A class having idle vibrations?
So we begin our guideline with the causes of a Mercedes A class that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to take a look at the organs that can bring about this tremor. We will mostly give attention to the fact that your Mercedes A class only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Mercedes A class vibrations don’t hesitate to have a look at our guideline which relates to this trouble. We can already eradicate some auto parts as possible the cause of this problem. In reality, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be informed, on the other hand, that diesel engines often vibrate much more than petrol engines, especially older cars.
On the other hand, the bad news is that the reason your Mercedes A class is shaking at idle is directly related to your engine. The main causes of this vibration are often related to the fuel supply of the car, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main origins of this vibration and their outcomes on the behavior of your Mercedes A class:
- Injection: If the injection of your automobile is disturbed and it motives trembling, you should feel some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, however, it is the ignition of your car that is struggling, regardless it comes from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will feel problems in the behavior of your engine motor. In reality, there will be sparks that don’t appear and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t function.
- Engine silent blocks: The least frustrating cause of a Mercedes A class shaking at idle is indeed the engine silent blocks. They are a kind of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they often lose their action and therefore the vibrations brought on by your engine increase
What if my Mercedes A class is vibrating at idle?
Let’s move on to the next step, now that you have been able to identify the source of your trouble or at least to reduce the possible motives, we will show you to you that there are solutions available to resolve each of these problems.
- Injection: If your injection is the cause, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the trouble is minor and only a few impurities obstruct their proper functioning, you can get over it without going to your garage area. If this is not enough, you will have to consider a complete cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is producing your Mercedes A class’s idle vibrations, you will have to pass the car through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact trouble. And consider a replacement of faulty parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last trigger of vibration at standstill on your Mercedes A class is that the vibration originates from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In reality, changing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your garage area to make this change and prevent your Mercedes A class from shaking at idle.
Here are the main motives and answers to solve your trouble of vibration at idle on Mercedes A class, if additionally to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
If you need more tutorials on the Mercedes A class, go to our Mercedes A class category.