Modern cars represent a growing budget, whether it is resulting from maintenance or the unpredictable breakdowns relating to all the new technology included in cars. We tend to be anxious pretty quickly about the smallest sign of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Ford Transit has to be treated fairly quickly, in any other case it will get worse and affect ancillary components. Today we are going to see the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Ford Transit that vibrates at idle. First we will try to understand why your Ford Transit is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Ford Transit having idle vibrations?
So we start our article content with the origins of a Ford Transit that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to look at the organs that can provoke this tremor. We will mainly concentrate on the fact that your Ford Transit only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Ford Transit vibrations don’t be reluctant to read our article content which deals with this problem. We can already eradicate some parts as possible the cause of this problem. In truth, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be conscious, nevertheless, that diesel engines tend to vibrate much more than petrol engines, specifically older cars.
However, the bad info is that the reason your Ford Transit is shaking at idle is directly linked to your engine. The main causes of this vibration are often linked to the fuel supply of the car, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main sources of this vibration and their repercussions on the behavior of your Ford Transit:
- Injection: If the injection of your vehicle is disturbed and it causes trembling, you should feel some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, alternatively, it is the ignition of your car that is in trouble, regardless of it comes from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will feel concerns in the behavior of your engine unit. In reality, there will be sparks that don’t develop and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t operate.
- Engine silent blocks: The least frustrating trigger of a Ford Transit shaking at idle is surely the engine silent blocks. They are a form of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they tend to lose their action and consequently the vibrations brought on by your engine intensify
What if my Ford Transit is vibrating at idle?
Let’s proceed to the next step, now that you have managed to locate the origin of your problem or at least to lower the possible causes, we will explain to you that there are solutions available to solve each of these concerns.
- Injection: If your injection is the trigger, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the problem is slight and only a few impurities obstruct their proper working, you can cure it without going to your garage. If this is not enough, you will have to consider a complete cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is producing your Ford Transit’s idle vibrations, you will have to pass the car through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact problem. And consider a replacement of malfunctioning parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last cause of vibration at standstill on your Ford Transit is that the vibration comes from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In reality, changing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your garage to make this change and prevent your Ford Transit from shaking at idle.
Here are the main causes and solutions to solve your problem of vibration at idle on Ford Transit, if additionally to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
To get more tips on the Ford Transit, take a look at the Ford Transit category.