Modern cars represent an increasing budget, whether it is due to maintenance or the unforeseen breakdowns connected to all the new technology built into cars. We are likely to stress rapidly about the slightest indicator of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Ford Flex has to be handled fairly quickly, in any other case it will get worse and affect additional components. Today we are going to see the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Ford Flex that vibrates at idle. First we will try to understand why your Ford Flex is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Ford Flex having idle vibrations?
So we commence our guideline with the causes of a Ford Flex that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to examine the components that can generate this tremor. We will mostly concentrate on the fact that your Ford Flex only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Ford Flex vibrations don’t be reluctant to browse our guideline which is about this problem. We can already eradicate some parts as possible in charge of this problem. Surely, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be conscious, nevertheless, that diesel engines are likely to vibrate much more than petrol engines, especially older cars.
On the other hand, the bad information is that the reason your Ford Flex is shaking at idle is directly in connection with your engine. The main motives of this vibration are oftentimes in connection with the fuel supply of the car, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main sources of this vibration and their repercussions on the performance of your Ford Flex:
- Injection: If the injection of your car is altered and it triggers trembling, you should experience some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, however, it is the ignition of your car that is in trouble, regardless whether it comes from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will experience problems in the performance of your engine unit. In truth, there will be sparks that don’t develop and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t function.
- Engine silent blocks: The least annoying trigger of a Ford Flex shaking at idle is indeed the engine silent blocks. They are a kind of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they are likely to lose their objective and therefore the vibrations brought on by your engine increase
What if my Ford Flex is vibrating at idle?
Let’s proceed to the next step, now that you have been able to find the origins of your problem or at least to reduce the possible triggers, we will show you to you that there are solutions available to resolve each of these problems.
- Injection: If your injection is the trigger, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the problem is slight and only a few impurities block their proper working, you can get over it without going to your garage. If this is not enough, you will have to consider a whole cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is producing your Ford Flex’s idle vibrations, you will need to pass the car through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact problem. And consider a replacement of faulty parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last reason of vibration at standstill on your Ford Flex is that the vibration originates from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In truth, changing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your garage to make this change and prevent your Ford Flex from shaking at idle.
Here are the main motives and solutions to fix your problem of vibration at idle on Ford Flex, if additionally to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
If you want more guides on the Ford Flex, go to our Ford Flex category.