Modern vehicles represent an increasing budget, whether it is resulting from service or the unpredictable breakdowns relating to all the new technology included in cars. We often stress pretty quickly about the slightest symptom of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Fiat 500 has to be handled fairly quickly, otherwise it will get worse and affect additional components. Today we are going to check out the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Fiat 500 that vibrates at idle. First we will try to find out why your Fiat 500 is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Fiat 500 having idle vibrations?
So we start our content with the causes of a Fiat 500 that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to have a look at the components that can cause this tremor. We will specifically concentrate on the fact that your Fiat 500 only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Fiat 500 vibrations don’t be reluctant to seek advice from our content which refers to this issue. We can already eliminate some parts as possible the cause of this problem. Obviously, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be conscious, on the other hand, that diesel engines often vibrate much more than petrol engines, specifically older vehicles.
However, the bad information is that the reason your Fiat 500 is shaking at idle is straight linked to your engine. The main causes of this vibration are oftentimes linked to the fuel supply of the car, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main roots of this vibration and their consequences on the behavior of your Fiat 500:
- Injection: If the injection of your vehicle is altered and it triggers trembling, you should experience some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, however, it is the ignition of your car that is struggling, regardless of it originates from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will experience complications in the behavior of your engine. In fact, there will be sparks that don’t happen and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t function.
- Engine silent blocks: The least bothersome trigger of a Fiat 500 shaking at idle is obviously the engine silent blocks. They are a form of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they often lose their function and as a result the vibrations brought on by your engine intensify
What if my Fiat 500 is vibrating at idle?
Let’s move on to the next step, now that you have been able to find the beginning of your issue or at least to reduce the possible triggers, we will explain to you that there are solutions available to solve each of these complications.
- Injection: If your injection is the trigger, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the issue is slight and only a few impurities block their proper functioning, you can overcome it without going to your workshop. If this is not enough, you will have to consider a complete cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is producing your Fiat 500’s idle vibrations, you will have to pass the car through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact issue. And consider a replacement of defective parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last reason of vibration at standstill on your Fiat 500 is that the vibration comes from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In fact, changing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your workshop to make this change and prevent your Fiat 500 from shaking at idle.
Here are the main motives and solutions to solve your issue of vibration at idle on Fiat 500, if furthermore to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
If you want more tutorials on the Fiat 500, go to our Fiat 500 category.