Recent automobiles represent a growing budget, whether it is caused by service or the unpredictable breakdowns connected to all the new technology built in cars. We usually tend to stress fairly quickly about the smallest symptom of weakness, and that is a good thing, because a problem on a Bmw 1 series has to be handled quickly, otherwise it will get worse and affect additional components. Today we are going to check out the solutions available to you if you are victim of a Bmw 1 series that vibrates at idle. First we will try to discover why your Bmw 1 series is vibrating when idle, and secondly what to do if it you have vibrations idle.
Why is my Bmw 1 series having idle vibrations?
So we begin our content page with the causes of a Bmw 1 series that vibrates at idle. For this we will have to take a look at the components that can cause this tremor. We will mostly look at the fact that your Bmw 1 series only shakes at idle, if you feel vibrations at acceleration on Bmw 1 series vibrations don’t hesitate to consult our content page which is about this problem. We can already eradicate some auto parts as possible responsible for this problem. Obviously, as you are at a standstill, usually in neutral, we can already clear the vehicle’s transmission, running gear, bearings, suspensions, clutch and flywheel. You should be aware, however, that diesel engines usually tend to vibrate much more than petrol engines, especially older automobiles.
On the other hand, the bad info is that the reason your Bmw 1 series is shaking at idle is directly linked to your engine. The main triggers of this vibration are often linked to the fuel supply of the vehicle, the ignition or the engine silent blocks. Here are the main roots of this vibration and their consequences on the performance of your Bmw 1 series:
- Injection: If the injection of your car is damaged and it causes trembling, you should experience some kind of coupling in the engine, as if the car was grazing.
- Ignition: If, on the other hand, it is the ignition of your car that is struggling, regardless it originates from a spark plug or the complete ignition, you will experience problems in the performance of your engine. In reality, there will be sparks that don’t happen and it may be that one or more of your cylinders doesn’t operate.
- Engine silent blocks: The least bothersome cause of a Bmw 1 series shaking at idle is obviously the engine silent blocks. They are a sort of soft plastic pad that dampen all vibrations and shaking of your car’s engine. When they wear out, they usually tend to lose their action and therefore the vibrations brought on by your engine intensify
What if my Bmw 1 series is vibrating at idle?
Let’s move on to the next step, now that you have been able to track down the cause of your problem or at least to lower the possible causes, we will show you to you that there are solutions available to solve each of these problems.
- Injection: If your injection is the cause, the first thing to do will be to use a strong cleaning product that you will add to your fuel, it will cost you about ten euros, but if the problem is slight and only a few impurities obstruct their proper performing, you can cure it without going to your workshop. If this is not enough, you will have to reflect on a complete cleaning of the injection
- Ignition: If it is your ignition that is causing your Bmw 1 series’s idle vibrations, you will need to pass the vehicle through the diagnostic kit to get more information on the exact problem. And consider a replacement of defective parts, or an ECU adjustment
- Motor Silent Blocks: The last reason of vibration at standstill on your Bmw 1 series is that the vibration comes from your motor silent blocks. This is the repair that will cost you the least. In reality, replacing silent blocks should not cost you more than 200€, go to your workshop to make this change and prevent your Bmw 1 series from shaking at idle.
Here are the main motives and solutions to solve your problem of vibration at idle on Bmw 1 series, if in addition to shaking it does not hold idle, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
To find more tips on the Bmw 1 series, take a look at the Bmw 1 series category.