Certain features on our vehicles allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS included in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road while driving to an unknown destination without any complications. Nevertheless the road network is frequently changing, it is consequently essential to update the GPS of your Volkswagen ID.3 , and this is accurately what we will discover in this article. To do this, first we will review the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Volkswagen ID.3 .
How does onboard GPS work in a Volkswagen ID.3
In this part we will see how the GPS of a Volkswagen ID.3 works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many benefits that a smartphone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is included directly into the dashboard of your Volkswagen ID.3 makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked with your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is often, in accordance with the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more safely.
- The screen is in most cases much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Associated with your sound system, it can be coupled to music and only occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Volkswagen ID.3
After having seen the advantages and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Volkswagen ID.3 , we will quickly explain the different sort of integrated GPS that exist for a Volkswagen ID.3, here they are:
- The traditional GPS: We call traditional GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are related to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last sort of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Volkswagen ID.3?
We will now proceed to the component you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Volkswagen ID.3? To get this done, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Volkswagen ID.3
The old GPS systems included on the Volkswagen ID.3 until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Volkswagen ID.3 is to go to the dealer who will take care of it, for a 50 euros most of the time.
Updating the GPS of Volkswagen ID.3 by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the suppliers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Volkswagen ID.3’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with peace of mind knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen ID.3, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen ID.3 category.