Certain features on our automobiles allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS included in your car allows you to stay focused entirely on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any complications. Nevertheless the road network is frequently changing, it is therefore necessary to update the GPS of your Volkswagen Fox , and this is precisely what we will discover today. To do this, first we will talk about the different attributes of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Volkswagen Fox .
How does onboard GPS work in a Volkswagen Fox
In this section we will learn how the GPS of a Volkswagen Fox works and what are the different types of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many benefits that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is included straight into the dashboard of your Volkswagen Fox makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your car.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is often, dependent on the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and as a result to drive more safely.
- The screen is in most cases much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Linked to your sound system, it can be coupled to music and only occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Volkswagen Fox
After having discovered the advantages and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Volkswagen Fox , we will quickly describe the different types of integrated GPS that exist for a Volkswagen Fox, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are related to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last kind of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Volkswagen Fox?
We will now move on to the part you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Volkswagen Fox? To get this done, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Volkswagen Fox
The old GPS systems present on the Volkswagen Fox until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Volkswagen Fox is to go to the dealer who will manage it, for a 50 euros most of the time.
Updating the GPS of Volkswagen Fox by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Volkswagen Fox’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Fox, take a look at the Volkswagen Fox category.