Certain options on our cars enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! Indeed, having a GPS built in in your motor vehicle enables you to stay focused entirely on the road while driving to an unknown place without any complications. However the road network is regularly evolving, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Toyota Matrix , and this is accurately what we will see in this article. To do this, first we will review the different attributes of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Toyota Matrix .
How does onboard GPS work in a Toyota Matrix
In this part we will discover how the GPS of a Toyota Matrix works and what are the different types of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many features that a smartphone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is built in immediately into the dashboard of your Toyota Matrix makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked with your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is often, dependent on the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more securely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Associated with your audio system, it can be coupled to music and only happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Toyota Matrix
After having seen the advantages and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Toyota Matrix , we will fairly quickly illustrate the different types of integrated GPS that exist for a Toyota Matrix, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are connected to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last type of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system integrating Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and practical to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Toyota Matrix?
We will now move on to the component you are most enthusiastic about, how to update the GPS of your Toyota Matrix? To achieve this, we will see for each type of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Toyota Matrix
The old GPS systems included on the Toyota Matrix until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Toyota Matrix is to go to the car dealership who will manage it, for a 50 euros most of the time.
Updating the GPS of Toyota Matrix by SD or USB
This type of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update immediately through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Toyota Matrix’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Toyota Matrix, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Matrix category.