Certain features on our vehicles enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! Indeed, having a GPS integrated in your car enables you to stay focused entirely on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any problems. However the road network is regularly evolving, it is consequently necessary to update the GPS of your Subaru Impreza , and this is precisely what we will discover today. To do so, first we will review the different features of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Subaru Impreza .
How does onboard GPS function in a Subaru Impreza
In this part we will see how the GPS of a Subaru Impreza works and what are the different sort of GPS.
The pros of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many features that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is integrated immediately into the dashboard of your Subaru Impreza makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your car.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, depending on the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Associated with your speakers, it can be coupled to music and only happen when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different sort of GPS for Subaru Impreza
After having seen the advantages and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Subaru Impreza , we will quickly summarize the different sort of integrated GPS that exist for a Subaru Impreza, here they are:
- The traditional GPS: We call traditional GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are connected to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last kind of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system integrating Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Subaru Impreza?
We will now proceed to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Subaru Impreza? To get this done, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Subaru Impreza
The old GPS systems found on the Subaru Impreza until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the method to update this GPS on a Subaru Impreza is to go to the dealer who will handle it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Subaru Impreza by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update immediately through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Subaru Impreza’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Subaru Impreza, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Impreza category.