Certain features on our automobiles allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! Obviously, having a GPS integrated in your motor vehicle allows you to stay focused entirely on the road while driving to an unknown place without any problems. Nevertheless the road network is continuously developing, it is consequently vital to update the GPS of your Subaru Forester , and this is accurately what we will discover in this article. To do so, first we will review the different attributes of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Subaru Forester .
How does onboard GPS work in a Subaru Forester
In this part we will discover how the GPS of a Subaru Forester works and what are the different types of GPS.
The pros of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is integrated straight into the dashboard of your Subaru Forester makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is very often, depending on the year, connected to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Associated with your audio system, it can be coupled to music and just occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Subaru Forester
After having seen the advantages and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Subaru Forester , we will fairly quickly illustrate the different kind of built-in GPS that exist for a Subaru Forester, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last kind of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and practical to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Subaru Forester?
We will now move on to the part you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Subaru Forester? To do this, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Subaru Forester
The old GPS systems found on the Subaru Forester until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Subaru Forester is to go to the car dealership who will manage it, for a 50 euros in many instances.
Updating the GPS of Subaru Forester by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Subaru Forester’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Subaru Forester, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Forester category.