Certain options on our cars enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS built in in your motor vehicle allows you to stay focused on the road although driving to an unknown place without any problems. Nevertheless the road network is frequently developing, it is therefore necessary to update the GPS of your Nissan Micra , and this is precisely what we will see today. To do so, first we will talk about the different features of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Nissan Micra .
How does onboard GPS function in a Nissan Micra
In this section we will see how the GPS of a Nissan Micra works and what are the different sort of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many benefits that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is built in directly into the dashboard of your Nissan Micra makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is very often, in accordance with the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most cases much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Connected to your sound system, it can be coupled to music and only appear when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different sort of GPS for Nissan Micra
After having seen the pros and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Nissan Micra , we will quickly summarize the different sort of built-in GPS that exist for a Nissan Micra, here they are:
- The traditional GPS: We call traditional GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are connected to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although simple to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last type of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Nissan Micra?
We will now proceed to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Nissan Micra? To achieve this, we will see for each type of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Nissan Micra
The old GPS systems included on the Nissan Micra until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Nissan Micra is to go to the car dealership who will handle it, for a 50 euros most frequently.
Updating the GPS of Nissan Micra by SD or USB
This type of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Nissan Micra’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To get more tips on the Nissan Micra, take a look at the Nissan Micra category.