Certain options on our automobiles enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS built in in your car allows you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any problems. Nevertheless the road network is frequently evolving, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Nissan Cube , and this is exactly what we will discover in this article. To do so, first we will review the different attributes of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Nissan Cube .
How does onboard GPS work in a Nissan Cube
In this part we will see how the GPS of a Nissan Cube works and what are the different sort of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS provides many features that a smartphone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is built in straight into the dashboard of your Nissan Cube makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your car.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any kind of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, dependent on the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most cases much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Linked to your head unit, it can be coupled to music and only occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different sort of GPS for Nissan Cube
After having seen the positive aspects and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Nissan Cube , we will fairly quickly illustrate the different types of integrated GPS that exist for a Nissan Cube, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are connected to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last type of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Nissan Cube?
We will now move on to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Nissan Cube? To get this done, we will see for each type of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Nissan Cube
The old GPS systems found on the Nissan Cube until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Nissan Cube is to go to the car dealership who will handle it, for a 50 euros most frequently.
Updating the GPS of Nissan Cube by SD or USB
This type of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the car companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Nissan Cube’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To get more tips on the Nissan Cube, take a look at the Nissan Cube category.