Certain features on our automobiles enable you to benefit from heavy driving comfort! Obviously, having a GPS integrated in your car enables you to stay focused entirely on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any complications. However the road network is continuously developing, it is therefore important to update the GPS of your Mini Countryman , and this is precisely what we will see today. To do so, first we will review the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Mini Countryman .
How does onboard GPS function in a Mini Countryman
In this part we will discover how the GPS of a Mini Countryman works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many features that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is integrated directly into the dashboard of your Mini Countryman makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your car.
- Linked with your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is very often, in accordance with the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more securely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Associated with your head unit, it can be coupled to music and just appear when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Mini Countryman
After having discovered the positive aspects and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Mini Countryman , we will fairly quickly summarize the different kind of integrated GPS that exist for a Mini Countryman, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are connected to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last type of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and comfortable to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Mini Countryman?
We will now proceed to the part you are most interested in, how to update the GPS of your Mini Countryman? To achieve this, we will see for each type of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Mini Countryman
The old GPS systems included on the Mini Countryman until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the technique to update this GPS on a Mini Countryman is to go to the dealer who will handle it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Mini Countryman by SD or USB
This type of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the suppliers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Mini Countryman’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with comfort knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To get more tips on the Mini Countryman, take a look at the Mini Countryman category.