Certain features on our vehicles enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS included in your car enables you to stay focused on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any complications. However the road network is regularly developing, it is therefore vital to update the GPS of your Infiniti QX60 , and this is precisely what we will see in this article. To do so, first we will talk about the different features of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Infiniti QX60 .
How does onboard GPS function in a Infiniti QX60
In this part we will learn how the GPS of a Infiniti QX60 works and what are the different types of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many benefits that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is included immediately into the dashboard of your Infiniti QX60 makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your car.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any type of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, in accordance with the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more safely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Connected to your speakers, it can be coupled to music and just happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Infiniti QX60
After having discovered the pros and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Infiniti QX60 , we will quickly describe the different types of built-in GPS that exist for a Infiniti QX60, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last sort of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and easy to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Infiniti QX60?
We will now move on to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Infiniti QX60? To do this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Infiniti QX60
The old GPS systems found on the Infiniti QX60 until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Infiniti QX60 is to go to the dealer who will manage it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Infiniti QX60 by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the makers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update immediately through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Infiniti QX60’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If you have any further questions about the Infiniti QX60, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti QX60 category.