Certain options on our vehicles enable you to benefit from heavy driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS built in in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any problems. Nevertheless the road network is continuously developing, it is therefore essential to update the GPS of your Fiat Punto Evo , and this is exactly what we will discover today. To do this, first we will talk about the different attributes of the integrated GPS for vehicles, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Fiat Punto Evo .
How does onboard GPS work in a Fiat Punto Evo
In this part we will see how the GPS of a Fiat Punto Evo works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many benefits that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is built in straight into the dashboard of your Fiat Punto Evo makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, depending on the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more safely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Associated with your sound system, it can be coupled to music and only happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Fiat Punto Evo
After having seen the pros and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Fiat Punto Evo , we will fairly quickly illustrate the different kind of built-in GPS that exist for a Fiat Punto Evo, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent vehicles, they are related to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last type of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and easy to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Fiat Punto Evo?
We will now move on to the part you are most enthusiastic about, how to update the GPS of your Fiat Punto Evo? To get this done, we will see for each type of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Fiat Punto Evo
The old GPS systems present on the Fiat Punto Evo until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the method to update this GPS on a Fiat Punto Evo is to go to the dealer who will manage it, for a 50 euros most of the time.
Updating the GPS of Fiat Punto Evo by SD or USB
This type of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the makers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Fiat Punto Evo’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with peace of mind knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To get more tips on the Fiat Punto Evo, take a look at the Fiat Punto Evo category.