Certain features on our automobiles enable you to benefit from significant driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS built in in your car enables you to stay focused on the road while driving to an unknown place without any problems. However the road network is continuously changing, it is therefore vital to update the GPS of your Dacia Sandero , and this is accurately what we will see in this article. To do so, first we will review the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Dacia Sandero .
How does onboard GPS work in a Dacia Sandero
In this part we will learn how the GPS of a Dacia Sandero works and what are the different types of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not be able to give you. Below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is built in straight into the dashboard of your Dacia Sandero makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your car.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, dependent on the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and consequently to drive more safely.
- The screen is in many instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the info is more readable.
- Linked to your sound system, it can be coupled to music and just happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different types of GPS for Dacia Sandero
After having discovered the advantages and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Dacia Sandero , we will quickly explain the different sort of built-in GPS that exist for a Dacia Sandero, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are linked to a whole multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last sort of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Dacia Sandero?
We will now proceed to the component you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Dacia Sandero? To do this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Dacia Sandero
The old GPS systems found on the Dacia Sandero until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the method to update this GPS on a Dacia Sandero is to go to the dealer who will manage it, for a 50 euros in many instances.
Updating the GPS of Dacia Sandero by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the manufacturers have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Dacia Sandero’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with comfort knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If you want more guides on the Dacia Sandero, go to our Dacia Sandero category.