Certain features on our vehicles enable you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In fact, having a GPS integrated in your motor vehicle enables you to stay focused entirely on the road while driving to an unknown place without any complications. However the road network is constantly changing, it is therefore necessary to update the GPS of your Citroen Jumpy , and this is precisely what we will discover today. To do so, first we will review the different attributes of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Citroen Jumpy .
How does onboard GPS work in a Citroen Jumpy
In this section we will learn how the GPS of a Citroen Jumpy works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS presents many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The point that it is integrated immediately into the dashboard of your Citroen Jumpy makes it difficult to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any type of GPS you could use.
- It is often, depending on the year, attached to steering wheel voice commands, which enables you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Associated with your sound system, it can be coupled to music and just happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Citroen Jumpy
After having seen the advantages and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Citroen Jumpy , we will quickly illustrate the different sort of built-in GPS that exist for a Citroen Jumpy, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are connected to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last kind of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system integrating Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and practical to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Citroen Jumpy?
We will now proceed to the part you are most enthusiastic about, how to update the GPS of your Citroen Jumpy? To get this done, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Citroen Jumpy
The old GPS systems found on the Citroen Jumpy until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Citroen Jumpy is to go to the dealer who will take care of it, for a 50 euros in many instances.
Updating the GPS of Citroen Jumpy by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most general on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card depending on the connectors available on your model and do the update immediately through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Citroen Jumpy’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with peace of mind knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Citroen Jumpy, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Jumpy category.