Certain features on our cars allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! Obviously, having a GPS included in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road although driving to an unknown destination without any problems. However the road network is regularly changing, it is consequently vital to update the GPS of your Buick Lucerne , and this is exactly what we will discover in this article. To do so, first we will review the different characteristics of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Buick Lucerne .
How does onboard GPS work in a Buick Lucerne
In this section we will discover how the GPS of a Buick Lucerne works and what are the different kind of GPS.
The advantages of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many features that a smart phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is included directly into the dashboard of your Buick Lucerne makes it hopeless to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Connected to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any type of GPS you could use.
- It is very often, depending on the year, connected to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and so to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most cases much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Connected to your audio system, it can be coupled to music and only occur when you change direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different kind of GPS for Buick Lucerne
After having discovered the pros and before detailing to you how to update the GPS of your Buick Lucerne , we will fairly quickly summarize the different kind of built-in GPS that exist for a Buick Lucerne, here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are related to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, although very easy to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll experience like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: Finally, last sort of GPS, on the latest vehicles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very responsive and practical to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Buick Lucerne?
We will now proceed to the part you are most keen on, how to update the GPS of your Buick Lucerne? To do this, we will see for each sort of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Buick Lucerne
The old GPS systems present on the Buick Lucerne until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a specific software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Buick Lucerne is to go to the car dealership who will manage it, for a 50 euros in most cases.
Updating the GPS of Buick Lucerne by SD or USB
This sort of GPS is most basic on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then copy it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update directly through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Buick Lucerne’s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to produce any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with comfort knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
If you wish more guides on the Buick Lucerne, go to our Buick Lucerne category.