It’s almost certainly warm, you’ve just bought a new motor vehicle and you desire to use one of the very useful functions of your Volkswagen Beetle, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tricky action to carry out, but in this article we’re going to check out this action, which, whilst very easy, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Volkswagen Beetle? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Volkswagen Beetle and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Volkswagen Beetle?
The air conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle functions in a very similar way to that of your refrigerator, actually, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle performs correctly:
- The compressor: It is the main element of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to allow the gas to reduce in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it turn straight to gas and during this changeover will generate cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Volkswagen Beetle?
Now let’s advance to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Volkswagen Beetle? Although this task is simple enough for many of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Volkswagen Beetle
There are two kind of air conditioning on Volkswagen Beetle, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Volkswagen Beetle is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Volkswagen Beetle, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Volkswagen Beetle.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Volkswagen Beetle
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Volkswagen Beetle. Although the process is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some additional possibilities that will let you appreciate refreshing air with even more convenience. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which provides you with the possibility of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Volkswagen Beetle. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Volkswagen Beetle, you will only need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Volkswagen Beetle.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle
To finish , last section of our article content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Volkswagen Beetle, we will see some practical tips to optimize the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Volkswagen Beetle which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Volkswagen Beetle 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have noticed any unpleasant odours caused by the air conditioning in your Volkswagen Beetle, don’t be reluctant to browse our article on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Beetle frequently, also in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen Beetle, go to our Volkswagen Beetle category.