It’s perhaps hot outside, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you wish to use one of the handiest functions of your Toyota Hilux 4, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tough thing to perform, but today we’re going to look into this manipulation, which, whilst very easy, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Toyota Hilux 4? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Toyota Hilux 4 and to conclude we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Toyota Hilux 4?
The air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4 works in a very similar way to that of your family fridge, actually, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will ensure that the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4 operates effectively:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to allow the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform straight to gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Toyota Hilux 4?
Now let’s advance to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Toyota Hilux 4? Although this process is not difficult for most of you, it would be a pity not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Toyota Hilux 4
There are two sort of air conditioning on Toyota Hilux 4, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Toyota Hilux 4 is what we could call the basic level. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can just choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Toyota Hilux 4, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Toyota Hilux 4.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Toyota Hilux 4
To conclude, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Toyota Hilux 4. Although the process is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will permit you appreciate refreshing air with much more comfort. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the chances of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Toyota Hilux 4. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Toyota Hilux 4, you will just have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Toyota Hilux 4.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4
To conclude, last section of our document, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Toyota Hilux 4, we will see some practical recommendations to improve the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Toyota Hilux 4 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning perform.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Toyota Hilux 4 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have detected any unpleasant odours caused by the air conditioning in your Toyota Hilux 4, don’t hesitate to read our document on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 4 frequently, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more tutorials on the Toyota Hilux 4, go to our Toyota Hilux 4 category.