It’s probably the summer, you’ve just acquired a new automobile and you want to use one of the best capabilities of your Tesla Model S, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a difficult action to do, but on this page we’re going to check out this process, which, even though common, can be a bit complex for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Tesla Model S? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Tesla Model S and to conclude we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Tesla Model S?
The air conditioning of your Tesla Model S operates in a very comparable way to that of your family fridge, in reality, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Tesla Model S functions correctly:
- The compressor: It is the essential element of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to enable the gas to reduce in temperature and go back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it turn into gas and during this transition will create cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device operates in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Tesla Model S works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Tesla Model S?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Tesla Model S? Although this process is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a pity not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Tesla Model S
There are two sort of air conditioning on Tesla Model S, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Tesla Model S is what we could call the cheap one. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Tesla Model S, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Tesla Model S, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Tesla Model S.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Tesla Model S
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Tesla Model S. Although the approach is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will permit you enjoy fresh air with much more comfort. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the chances of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Tesla Model S. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Tesla Model S, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Tesla Model S.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Tesla Model S
Finally, last part of our article content, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Tesla Model S, we will offer you some practical recommendations to optimize the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Tesla Model S which has been left in the sun, first open your windows simultaneously as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning perform.
- During the cold months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Tesla Model S 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have noticed any unpleasant odors originating from the air conditioning in your Tesla Model S, don’t be reluctant to browse our content page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Tesla Model S on the regular basis, also in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Additionally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To discover more tips on the Tesla Model S, take a look at the Tesla Model S category.