It’s quite likely the summer, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the handiest functions of your Ram ProMaster City, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, turning on the air conditioning is not a difficult thing to achieve, but in this article we’re going to take a look at this manipulation, which, whilst common, can be a bit technical for novices. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Ram ProMaster City? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ram ProMaster City and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Ram ProMaster City?
The air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City functions in a very identical way to that of your family fridge, the truth is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City works correctly:
- The compressor: It is the key part of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as target, like a radiator, to allow the gas to reduce in temperature and go back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Ram ProMaster City?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Ram ProMaster City? Although this manipulation is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Ram ProMaster City
There are two sort of air conditioning on Ram ProMaster City, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Ram ProMaster City is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Ram ProMaster City, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Ram ProMaster City.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Ram ProMaster City
At last, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Ram ProMaster City. Although the process is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some additional options that will let you benefit from refreshing air with even more convenience. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the opportunity of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Ram ProMaster City. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Ram ProMaster City, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Ram ProMaster City.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City
To finish , last part of our article content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ram ProMaster City, we will give you some practical tips to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Ram ProMaster City which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning function.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Ram ProMaster City 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have discovered any unpleasant odors coming from the air conditioning in your Ram ProMaster City, don’t be reluctant to consult our article on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Ram ProMaster City often, also in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Additionally, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you have any further questions about the Ram ProMaster City, do not hesitate to consult our Ram ProMaster City category.