It’s likely warm, you’ve just acquired a new car and you want to use one of the very useful functions of your Peugeot Traveller, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tough task to achieve, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this action, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit complex for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Peugeot Traveller? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Peugeot Traveller and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Peugeot Traveller?
The air conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller operates in a very comparable way to that of your refrigerator, actually, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller operates effectively:
- The compressor: It is the main element of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as goal, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this changeover will generate cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this unit operates in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Peugeot Traveller?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Peugeot Traveller? Although this task is simple enough for most of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Peugeot Traveller
There are two types of air conditioning on Peugeot Traveller, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Peugeot Traveller is what we could call the cheap one. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation strength and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Peugeot Traveller, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Peugeot Traveller.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Peugeot Traveller
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Peugeot Traveller. Although the methodology is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will let you enjoy fresh air with additional comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the possibility of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Peugeot Traveller. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Peugeot Traveller, you will just have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Peugeot Traveller.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller
To finish , last section of our document, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Peugeot Traveller, we will tell you some practical recommendations to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Peugeot Traveller which has been left in the sun, first open your windows simultaneously as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more helpful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Peugeot Traveller 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have found any unpleasant odors originating from the air conditioning in your Peugeot Traveller, don’t hesitate to consult our article on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Peugeot Traveller on the regular basis, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more tutorials on the Peugeot Traveller, go to our Peugeot Traveller category.