It’s most certainly hot outside, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the very useful features of your Opel Antara, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a difficult task to carry out, but in this article we’re going to take a look at this action, which, although common, can be a bit triky for novices. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Opel Antara? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Opel Antara and to finish we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Opel Antara?
The air conditioning of your Opel Antara works in a very identical way to that of your family fridge, the truth is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Opel Antara operates correctly:
- The compressor: It is the principal element of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Opel Antara works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Opel Antara?
Now let’s go forward to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Opel Antara? Although this manipulation is simple enough for many of you, it would be a pity not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Opel Antara
There are two kind of air conditioning on Opel Antara, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on Opel Antara is what we could call the entry level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Opel Antara, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Opel Antara, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Opel Antara.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Opel Antara
To finish , we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Opel Antara. Although the approach is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will let you enjoy cold air with even more comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which gives you the chances of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Opel Antara. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Opel Antara, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Opel Antara.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Opel Antara
To conclude, last section of our content page, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Opel Antara, we will see some practical suggestions to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Opel Antara which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning work.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more useful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Opel Antara 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have spotted any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Opel Antara, don’t hesitate to read our content on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Opel Antara frequently, also in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To get more tips on the Opel Antara, take a look at the Opel Antara category.