It’s most likely hot outside, you’ve just purchased a new car and you desire to use one of the most useful features of your Mercedes Benz C Class, air conditioning!
On most cars, turning on the air conditioning is not a tough task to perform, but today we’re going to look into this action, which, whilst simple, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes Benz C Class? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz C Class and finally we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mercedes Benz C Class?
The air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class works in a very similar way to that of your fridge, in fact, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class works properly:
- The compressor: It is the main part of your air conditioning unit, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to allow the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert into gas and during this transition will create cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz C Class?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz C Class? Although this manipulation is easier than you think for most of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mercedes Benz C Class
There are two sort of air conditioning on Mercedes Benz C Class, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz C Class is what we could call the entry level. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mercedes Benz C Class, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mercedes Benz C Class.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mercedes Benz C Class
At last, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mercedes Benz C Class. Although the method is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will let you benefit from cold air with additional comfort. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which gives you the chances of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Mercedes Benz C Class. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz C Class, you will simply need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz C Class.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class
To finish , last part of our content page, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz C Class, we will see some practical suggestions to improve the usage of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Mercedes Benz C Class which has been left in the sun, first open your windows simultaneously as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Mercedes Benz C Class 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity odors in the passenger compartment. In case you have detected any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Mercedes Benz C Class, don’t hesitate to read our content page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz C Class often, even in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz C Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz C Class category.