It’s almost certainly hot, you’ve just purchased a new vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable capabilities of your Lincoln MKZ, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tricky task to do, but in this article we’re going to check out this manipulation, which, whilst ordinary, can be a bit triky for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Lincoln MKZ? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Lincoln MKZ and to conclude we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Lincoln MKZ?
The air conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ operates in a very equivalent way to that of your refrigerator, the truth is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its condition (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ operates correctly:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioning unit, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and come back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it turn in to gas and during this changeover will generate cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system operates in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Lincoln MKZ?
Now let’s advance to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Lincoln MKZ? Although this process is simple enough for many of you, it would be a pity not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Lincoln MKZ
There are two types of air conditioning on Lincoln MKZ, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Lincoln MKZ is what we could call the entry level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Lincoln MKZ, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Lincoln MKZ.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Lincoln MKZ
To conclude, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Lincoln MKZ. Although the methodology is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will allow you appreciate fresh air with further convenience. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the chances of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Lincoln MKZ. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Lincoln MKZ, you will just have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Lincoln MKZ.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ
To conclude, last part of our article content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Lincoln MKZ, we will tell you some practical suggestions to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Lincoln MKZ which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more effective than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Lincoln MKZ 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity odors in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have noticed any unpleasant smells coming from the air conditioning in your Lincoln MKZ, don’t be reluctant to browse our article on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Lincoln MKZ often, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Additionally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more tutorials on the Lincoln MKZ, go to our Lincoln MKZ category.