It’s likely the summer, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the most valuable capabilities of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated thing to carry out, but today we’re going to take a look at this manipulation, which, whilst very easy, can be a bit triky for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Jeep Grand Cherokee? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Jeep Grand Cherokee and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The air conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee operates in a very equivalent way to that of your fridge, actually, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee performs effectively:
- The compressor: It is the essential component of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert straight to gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this device operates in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Jeep Grand Cherokee? Although this manipulation is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a pity not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Jeep Grand Cherokee
There are two sort of air conditioning on Jeep Grand Cherokee, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on Jeep Grand Cherokee is what we could call the entry level. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the possibility to refresh the air inside your car. You can only select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Jeep Grand Cherokee
To finish , we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Jeep Grand Cherokee. Although the process is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some additional possibilities that will permit you enjoy cold air with a lot more comfort. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the chances of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Jeep Grand Cherokee. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, you will only need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
To finish , last section of our document, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, we will offer you some practical recommendations to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Jeep Grand Cherokee which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more effective than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Jeep Grand Cherokee 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have detected any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Jeep Grand Cherokee, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Jeep Grand Cherokee frequently, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you want more tutorials on the Jeep Grand Cherokee, go to our Jeep Grand Cherokee category.