It’s most likely the summer, you’ve just acquired a new motor vehicle and you desire to use one of the best options of your Infiniti QX60, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated task to accomplish, but today we’re going to look into this manipulation, which, whilst basic, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Infiniti QX60? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Infiniti QX60 and at last we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Infiniti QX60?
The air conditioning of your Infiniti QX60 functions in a very identical way to that of your refrigerator, the truth is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make sure that the air conditioning of your Infiniti QX60 works correctly:
- The compressor: It is the key component of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to let the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Infiniti QX60 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Infiniti QX60?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Infiniti QX60? Although this task is easier than you think for many of you, it would be a pity not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Infiniti QX60
There are two kind of air conditioning on Infiniti QX60, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most common of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Infiniti QX60 is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Infiniti QX60, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Infiniti QX60, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Infiniti QX60.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Infiniti QX60
Finally, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Infiniti QX60. Although the approach is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will allow you appreciate fresh air with additional convenience. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the possibility of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Infiniti QX60. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Infiniti QX60, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Infiniti QX60.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Infiniti QX60
To finish , last part of our article, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Infiniti QX60, we will tell you some practical recommendations to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Infiniti QX60 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more useful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Infiniti QX60 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have discovered any unpleasant odours originating from the air conditioning in your Infiniti QX60, don’t hesitate to consult our content page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Infiniti QX60 on the regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Additionally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To discover more tips on the Infiniti QX60, take a look at the Infiniti QX60 category.