It’s most certainly hot outside, you’ve just bought a new vehicle and you want to use one of the handiest features of your GMC Savana, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tough thing to do, but today we’re going to look into this process, which, whilst basic, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a GMC Savana? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your GMC Savana and to conclude we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on GMC Savana?
The air conditioning of your GMC Savana works in a very identical way to that of your refrigerator, the truth is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your GMC Savana operates correctly:
- The compressor: It is the principal element of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to enable the gas to reduce in temperature and go back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this transition will generate cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your GMC Savana works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on GMC Savana?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on GMC Savana? Although this process is easier than you think for most of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on GMC Savana
There are two kind of air conditioning on GMC Savana, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on GMC Savana is what we could call the entry level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your GMC Savana, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your GMC Savana, then set the ventilation and temperature of your GMC Savana.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a GMC Savana
Finally, we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on GMC Savana. Although the process is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will allow you enjoy fresh air with further comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the opportunity of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your GMC Savana. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your GMC Savana, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your GMC Savana.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your GMC Savana
To conclude, last section of our article, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your GMC Savana, we will give you some practical suggestions to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your GMC Savana which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning perform.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your GMC Savana 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have spotted any unpleasant smells caused by the air conditioning in your GMC Savana, don’t hesitate to read our article content on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your GMC Savana often, also in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the GMC Savana, do not hesitate to consult our GMC Savana category.