It’s perhaps the summer, you’ve just acquired a new motor vehicle and you desire to use one of the most useful capabilities of your Ford Transit Connect, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, switching on the air conditioning is not a difficult thing to carry out, but in this article we’re going to check out this manipulation, which, even though common, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Ford Transit Connect? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford Transit Connect and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Ford Transit Connect?
The air conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect operates in a very identical way to that of your fridge, actually, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make sure that the air conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect performs effectively:
- The compressor: It is the essential part of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as target, like a radiator, to let the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform straight to gas and during this transition will create cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device operates in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Ford Transit Connect?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Ford Transit Connect? Although this process is simple enough for many of you, it would be a pity not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Ford Transit Connect
There are two types of air conditioning on Ford Transit Connect, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Ford Transit Connect is what we could call the cheap one. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation strength and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Ford Transit Connect, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Ford Transit Connect.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Ford Transit Connect
To conclude, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Ford Transit Connect. Although the approach is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will let you benefit from refreshing air with additional convenience. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. In addition to the automatic climate control, you often have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which provides you with the opportunity of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Ford Transit Connect. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Ford Transit Connect, you will only have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Ford Transit Connect.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect
To conclude, last section of our document, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford Transit Connect, we will give you some practical recommendations to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Ford Transit Connect which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning perform.
- During the cold months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Ford Transit Connect 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have discovered any unpleasant odours caused by the air conditioning in your Ford Transit Connect, don’t hesitate to read our article content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Ford Transit Connect on the regular basis, also in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you have any additional questions about the Ford Transit Connect, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Transit Connect category.