It’s most certainly hot, you’ve just purchased a new vehicle and you desire to use one of the most valuable options of your Ford Tourneo, air conditioning!
On most cars, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated thing to carry out, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this process, which, even though very easy, can be a bit complex for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Ford Tourneo? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford Tourneo and at last we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Ford Tourneo?
The air conditioning of your Ford Tourneo functions in a very similar way to that of your family fridge, the fact is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Ford Tourneo performs properly:
- The compressor: It is the main part of your air conditioning system, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main goal, like a radiator, to allow the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform in to gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Ford Tourneo works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Ford Tourneo?
Now let’s advance to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Ford Tourneo? Although this process is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Ford Tourneo
There are two sort of air conditioning on Ford Tourneo, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Ford Tourneo is what we could call the cheap one. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can simply choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Ford Tourneo, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Ford Tourneo, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Ford Tourneo.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Ford Tourneo
To finish , we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Ford Tourneo. Although the methodology is very comparable to manual air conditioning, there are some additional options that will permit you benefit from fresh air with much more convenience. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which gives you the possibility of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Ford Tourneo. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Ford Tourneo, you will only need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Ford Tourneo.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Ford Tourneo
Finally, last section of our content, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford Tourneo, we will give you some practical tips to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Ford Tourneo which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Ford Tourneo 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have observed any unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Ford Tourneo, don’t hesitate to read our page on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Ford Tourneo often, even in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you want more guides on the Ford Tourneo, go to our Ford Tourneo category.